About the Boulder Bengals Cattery in Colorado
Our cattery is cared for entirely by neighborhood middle schoolers. My daughter Olivia (who is part-owner with me) and her friends Hailley and Gillian
earn mall money and get the chance to see and handle all the cats including newborns. These girls are knowledgeable and
responsible, and keep everything and everyone clean, healthy and well fed. Olivia has assisted in the birth of two litters.
Click the picture at right or see our Staff page to see more pictures of cattery staff operations.
Cattery Code of Ethics
As a member of TICA, we have signed and abide by the voluntary code of ethics as defined below. Also
see: Boulder Bengal's Heath Guarantee and
Kitten/Cat Sale Terms & Conditions.
- We are member R-3446-SW in good standing of The International Cat Association (TICA)
and our TICA registered cattery number is 21500. We are listed on TICA as Bengal breeders here.
- I will breed discriminately, and only if I can find appropriate homes for my kittens.
- I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation, and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion will be sold under the following conditions:
- I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale.
- I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser's own veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase/possesion to confirm its good health.
- I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered NO LATER THAN 12 months of age and not be allowed to produce any offspring.
- I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
- I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the Kitten/Cat Sale Terms & Conditions. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
- I will provide the TICA registration application form and/or pedigree for the kitten/cat ONLY after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten/cat has been altered.
- I will encourage the purchaser to contact me if the purchaser has any questions and I will respond in a timely manner.
- I will not release a kitten until it has been inoculated against common diseases which may include the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus. I also may choose to give other vaccinations.